Tea Room Opening Times:
|Thursday||9.00 - 3.30|
|Friday||9.00 - 3.30|
|Saturday||9.00 - 3.30|
|Sunday||9.00 - 3.30|
Since the Castle reopened in 2014, the Tea Room has always been let on a concessionary licence to other companies. This has proved quite complicated at times, has only provided a minimal income for the Castle and has meant that the Trust has only had a narrow say in how things are run.
Going forward, we have taken the Tea Room in-house, creating a much bigger income to reinvest into the Castle, creating a more sustainable future and providing a better quality of experience for our visitors. As the Castle is unfunded by any other body, we rely on the income we make from visitors and events to enable the Castle to stay open to the public and to carry out all the necessary maintenance needed.
Bringing the Tea Room in-house has allowed us to bring together the visitor experience throughout the whole Castle and give us a much more sustainable income but has also has allowed us to:
- Create job opportunities at London Living Wage or above
- Create more volunteering opportunities
- Create the ability to offer work experience placements
- Recreate the food and beverage offer, bringing a broader, changing menu, with ingredients sourced locally, supporting local small businesses and the local economy
- Look at ways to bring the whole building into more use during the week, creating community use opportunities for meetings and groups
- Cut down the impact on the local environment by addressing litter problems
- Bring back cream tea bookings
Severndroog Castle Tea Room really is a unique place, funded by donations. So far, your donations as members of the local community, have paid for a new oven, hob, fridges and freezer. Our new tables and chairs have all been sponsored by local people and will soon reflect their donors.
Thank you for your help, you have helped to ensure the next stage of Severndroog history really sets the Castle up to remain in the community for the next 238 years!